Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Smart of Chefs Not To Take Sides



Giada De Laurentiis not taking sides in Deen drama

Food Network personality treading carefully when it comes to former colleague

By MSN TV 24 hours ago
Giada De Laurentiis/WENN
WENN

Food personality Giada De Laurentiis is refusing to take sides in the ongoing Paula Deen controversy despite calls for her to step up and defend the disgraced cook. Bosses at the Food Network, where both stars have had TV shows, have decided not to renew Deen's contract at the end of this month after she admitted using the N-word in a deposition linked to a discrimination case against her. All of Deen's programming has been replaced by shows featuring De Laurentiis, and now food fans are calling on the 42-year old to defend her ousted former network colleague. 


She tells "Access Hollywood Live," "I have a lot of people not happy with me right now, as if I had anything to do with this.  In social media these days ,people say what they want because they're faceless ... It's a very unfortunate situation. I've worked with Paula before ... a lot of us on Food Network are very friendly. I do know her family ... This all blew up on Friday, and I think it was a shock to many of us on the network.  Everybody wants everyone to make a comment and I know that's pretty much what, on social media, everybody's been telling me: 'Make a comment, stand up for her.' The problem is you need to do your homework first. You need to have all the facts before you say anything, especially in a situation like this.  Paula has been nothing but wonderful to me over the years ... I know her to be a kind woman. I don't know what happened. So, I'm not gonna make a comment based on ignorance.  I just think it's a sad, unfortunate situation that hopefully, everything will figure itself out and the outcome will be OK."

No comments: