Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Move Over Roger, I Love Him Just As Much !!!!



Report: Phelps not planning on return

Michael Phelps has no plans to swim in the 2016 Olympics.
FOX Sports
SHARE THIS STORY
    
 
Despite what his former teammate said, Michael Phelps says he has no plans to return to swimming for the 2016 Olympics, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Michael Phelps

PHELPS IS HISTORY

With his swimming career over, take a look back at every medal Michael Phelps has won in his four Olympics.
Responding to a statement made by Ryan Lochte, in which his teammate and rival on the 2012 US Olympic Team predicted a return by Phelps for the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Phelps told the Sun he doesn't expect he'll return to the pool.
"Man, people will believe anything that's written, anything that's on TV," Phelps told the Sun. "There's nothing in the works with me coming back to swimming. This is a part of my life I'm enjoying. I've never had freedom like this. I live on my own time. I play golf three or four times a week. I wake up whenever I want. I have a few things to do here and there, but mostly my time is mine. I'm not thinking about changing that."
Last week Lochte said, "I think we all know by now that he's coming back."
Phelps, who won 22 Olympic medals between 2004 and 2012, including 18 gold medals, told the Sun he's enjoying his time away from competitive swimming. The 28-year-old says he doesn't miss all the training he had to do when swimming competitvely.
"Honestly, I haven't thought about it," Phelps told the Sun. "I want to help grow the sport, and there are other ways to do it. My life, the way it is now, is great."

No comments: