Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Paula Deen Saga Part 1


Paula Deen Begs For Forgiveness From the Public After Bailing on ‘Today’ Show Interview, Perhaps Actually Manages to Make Things Worse


By  | omg! – 44 minutes ago
(This article was originally published at 10:45 a.m. PT, and later updated to reflect Deen having posted the video embedded above.)
Paula Deen posted a video to YouTube mid-day Friday in which she begged forgiveness in the wake of   the recent release of her deposition statements for a discrimination lawsuit made by a former employee. In the deposition, Deen admits to having used the N-word and tolerating racist jokes.
"I want to apologize to everybody, uh, for the wrong that I've done," Deen begins.
She continues, "I want to learn and grow from this ... inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally, unacceptable ... I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I've made."

Earlier that day, the 66-year-old bailed on a "Today" show interview with Matt Lauer.
The NBC News morning show was none to happy with Deen, and called out her "no-show" in the cold open of its broadcast. A clearly irritated Lauer said that he spoke with Deen about having a "candid, open and no-holds-barred discussion," but then added that, just minutes before it went to air, the show was contacted by Deen's publicist who relayed that the celebrity chef was exhausted and wouldn't be showing up.
The "Today" show tweeted:

No comments: