Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Just One More Chance, Please!



Just one more chance, please!

An often- heard-plea from family members and friends

And even enemies, from time to time

Second chances are usually given

But we are bombarded with people who need more

From lovers, to family, friends and the whole gamut of persons

How demoralizing, frustrating, life-draining it is

To be asked to dig once again in your moral bank

To pull out another amount of empathy for the same problem

To keep giving out chances to the same person

But how many more chances do you NEED or DESIRE?

Is the often-asked question

And how many more SHOULD I give?

I’m only human and I bleed if you cut me

I am limited in existence and everything about me is limited

I actually am mortal and really have only a few chances left

Is there an objective limit for giving another chance?

An invariable "no"

It varies from person to person

Many mothers possess a limitless amount of "chances"

But is there such a concept of limitless chances?

Such a construct of immeasurable chances and forgiveness

Yes, it’s called

Grace



No comments: