Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Certainly, Charlie Was No Role Model

WONDERWALL

ANGUS T. JONES TALKS NEW RELIGIOUS CALLING, SPORTS MASSIVE BEARD






USMagazine, Monday, March 17, 2014, 12:00pm (PDT)
  • Up until November 2012, Angus T. Jones had to answer to "Two And a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre, but these days he only answers to higher power. The 20-year-old former sitcom actor sat down withKHOU news station in Houston, Texas -- sporting a shockingly full beard -- to talk about his new religious faith and his time on the still-running hit comedy. To see a clip of the video, click here.
    "It was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people," Jones said of his former show, in which he co-starred with Jon Cryer, Charlie Sheen, and, after Sheen's own dramatic exit, Ashton Kutcher. "And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it, but I was still doing it."
    Now studying in Colorado and working with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston, Jones feels badly for the way he left the show. In November 2012, he posted a video on the Forerunner Chronicles YouTube page, calling the CBS series "filth."
    "That's his baby," Jones told KHOU of former boss Lorre's show. "And I just totally insulted his baby, and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise, I don't regret saying what I said."
    And though there's "a few different productions that do Bible-based stories" he might consider, Jones isn't particularly interested in returning to acting.
    In 2010 the then-teenager became the high paid child actor in television history making around $300,000 per episode of the smash. But Jones doesn't appear to be invested in material goods.
    "I really want to be able to come into the light because I know that's where genuine healing is, and I've just seen God do amazing things," he continued.
    MORE FROM WONDERWALL:

No comments: