Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

I Feel Her


Only a Body Would Bring Closure On Missing Jet, Girlfriend Says

The only closure for the girlfriend of an American passenger aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines jet "would be if there's a body for me to touch," she told NBC News in an exclusive interview.
"There is no other proof to me," said Sarah Bajc, who was preparing to move to Kuala Lumpur from Beijing to be with Philip Wood before Fight 370 vanished with 239 people on board.
"I made a promise to scatter his ashes and he made the promise to me in return. Until I can do that, it can't be closed. That's actually the most frightening option."
"The only complete closure would be if there's a body for me to touch," she added.
While reconciling herself to the fact that there are likely no survivors, Bajc said she does not see any evidence to support the theory that it crashed into the sea.
"I don't see any more evidence to support that than I see the options of that plane having to be taken and put someplace,” she said. “[The Malaysian government] don't have proof. Or at least they haven’t shared it with us.”
She had also not seen any evidence to suggest that there was a mechanical failure, she added.
“It wouldn't have behaved the way it behaved on auto pilot alone for such a long period of time,” she said. “So, you know now is it a possibility that it was one of the pilots who indeed took it on a long suicide mission and just decided to kind of coast itself in, could that have been a path, it's possible but that seems less likely than any of the other scenarios to me.”
-- Eric Baculinao and Henry Austin







iFamilies of Flight 370 Try to Remain Hopeful as Search Continues
NIGHTLY NEWS
         

No comments: