Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Passive Aggressive Behavior



Confronting Passive Aggressive Behavior

Strategies to identify and change hidden hostility in a relationship


One of my favorite stories about passive aggressive behavior in a marriage goes like this:
“Cash, check or charge?" I asked, after folding the items the woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet, I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse. "So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked. "No," she replied, "but my husband refused to go shopping with me and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally."
In relationships, passive aggressive behaviors are often used to avoid the direct confrontation of short-term conflict, but in the long-term, these dynamics can be even more destructive than outright aggression. To keep assertive communication flowing in your relationship, here are four strategies to e

No comments: