Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Just Like Her Father




Who’s That Girl Handing Out the Golden Globes? Sosie Bacon on Mom, Dad, and Her Big Night


Kevin Bacon (right) and Kyra Sedgwick (right) and daughter Sosie in 2009 (Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)


Catch Yahoo's complete coverage of the 71st Golden Globes, from pre-show to post-show, including all the highlights from the red carpet and the ceremony. Sunday, Jan. 12, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT, on Yahoo Movies.
Invite me!We'll alert you shortly before the Golden Globes starts.
~
Each year, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association picks an honoree, traditionally the daughter or son of a celebrity, to assist in handing out the Golden Globe Awards to all the winners during the televised ceremony. This year, that honor has gone to Sosie Bacon, the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick.
"The Insider" caught up with Miss Golden Globe 2014 at a luncheon in her honor and got the scoop about how she’s prepping for the big night and what her post-ceremony plans will be.
Not unlike many of the celebs who will walk the red carpet Sunday night, Sosie admitted that finding the perfect dress actually wasn't that difficult. "We picked the dress that I was going to wear pretty quickly. It was like the first one we tried on," she said. "I'm going to stay in the dress the whole time and just wear it. It's beautiful, I want to wear it to the parties and everything."
That said, she also confessed to trying on around 30 dresses in total to include all the various press events and responsibilities that come with being Miss Golden Globe. That sort of thing is old hat for her mom, but that doesn't mean Sosie doesn't have some of her favorites.
The aspiring actress named her pics for two of Kyra Sedwick's best looks, including the orange Emilio Pucci stunner she donned at the 2011 Globes. "I think the orange is beautiful, I love her hair," Sosie spilled. "It's such a unique color to wear on the carpet. I think it's super cool, and very flowy and nice. And I like her hair straight too."
She then went on to gush about her mother's white 2007 gown. "She looks like a Grecian goddess. I think he hair looks really cool. Her hair's really curly, it looks like the way her hair looks normally, and I think she looks gorgeous in that color."




View gallery
.

Kyra Sedgwick in 2011 and again in 2007, with her daughter, Sosie Bacon (WireImage)

Though Sosie isn't bringing a date to accompany her on the red carpet, and does not want to be asked to place 6 degrees of separation between herself and her famous folks.
"I hope not," she said. "I hate that game. I've never tried it, I always forget names and that would really put me on the spot."
Check out this video to see which parties she'll be attending and be sure to tune in to "The Insider" on television tonight for all the latest in entertainment news.

No comments: