Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013



Girl comes out to parents with help from a cake




Coming out to your parents isn't usually easy, but Tumblr user ellende-generes (real name: Laurel) did her best to make the conversation a piece of cake. Actually, make that a whole cake.
Fifteen-year-old Laurel posted a photo of a cake she made for her parents as a way of announcing that she is a lesbian. Loud and proud in bright green frosting, the cake reads, "I'm gay."
Accompanying the cake was a note:
good morning parents,
i'm gay. i've wanted to tell you for a long time. i thought doing it this way would be a piece of cake. i hope you still love me. i mean, it's hard not to love someone who baked you a cake.
all my friends know and still love me. your acceptance would be the icing on the cake.
i hope you, much like this cake, are not in tiers.
i hope we can look back on this and say "boy, this one really takes the cake."
it gets batter.
love, laurel (sorry for so many puns)
The coming-out cake did the job. Laurel posted an update saying, "My mom saw it and cried of happiness. We hugged and cried together. Then, we all ate the cake and talked. I am very luck to have such supporting parents and to have so much support from you guys. Thanks everyone! Have a gay day!"

My Response

Good for her !


Laurel's cake and note to her parents (tumblr user ellende-generes)t

No comments: