Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Catholic Church a Hypocrite

I am protestant, yet I believe that the Catholic Church has a part of the truth and the faith as well.  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

"10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I listen regularly to EWTN (The Eternal Word Television Network) that was started by Mother Angelica. I have come to love her. She is fat and round and jolly and smart and quite regular. She has passed on wisdom to me, even though I don't agree with entire Catholic doctrine.

The "Right to Life Issue comes up more than any other issue. It is a spiritual and political, issue as well. The Catholic Church appears to be the main supporter of the "Right to Life" issue. Personally, I believe in choice and let the individual deal with it morally. Having said this, I was shocked to read the following


Catholic Hospitals Win A Malpractice Suit By Saying Fetuses Aren’t Really Human
A chain of Catholic Hospitals has beaten a malpractice lawsuit by saying that fetuses are not equivalent to human lives. According to the Colorado Independent, in the death of a 31-year-old woman carrying twin fetuses, Catholic Health Initiatives’ attorneys argued that in cases of wrongful death, the term “person” only applies to individuals born alive, and not to those who die in utero



Where is the Pope, The Board of Cardinal and the Board of Bishops ?

The Catholic Doctrine is that from inception, the embryo is a person


UPDATE

CNN reports that on 1/2813 the following Catholic response in the State of Colorado. Stodghill is the father



Stodghill has petitioned the Colorado Supreme Court to hear his case, and he'd like to hear from the Catholic Church.
Representatives of the Catholic bishops of Colorado declined to comment on the legal proceedings, but said they will review the litigation and Catholic Health Initiatives' practices "to ensure fidelity and faithful witness to the teachings of the Catholic Church."
Catholic Health Initiatives would not speak to CNN on camera, but said in a statement, "In this case... as Catholic organizations, (we) are in union with the moral teachings of the Church."
Stodghill wears a tattoo on his chest with his unborn sons' footprints, their names and the words "our sons."
He wants the church and his state to see them the same way.

My Response
I am just now feeling the outrage over such declaration of opposition to the Catholic teachings that have been with us since the beginning of the discussions on abortion, right to life and all related topics



No comments: