Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

"Life Alert" Really Worked This Time !!



92-year-old woman fights off home invasion with a well-placed kick

5 hrs ago
"Feisty" may not be enough of a description to do Opal Phelps justice. The 92-year-old woman was sound asleep when a masked thief broke into her Jasper County, Texas, home through a kitchen window. And he got the message quickly that he was in for a fight. "He'd try to make me shut up, but he didn't have no luck at it," reported Phelps, who saw her opening when the man struggled to put her shoes on so she could go and find her purse. "I just took my other foot and kicked him right in the face," she told local TV station KEYE. Finally, she managed to hit her LifeAlert button and scare him off, though he did take the gun she keeps by her bedside. "I'm going to stay here," she said defiantly. "I told that cop I was getting me another gun. He says get it. I'm going to use it next time I 

No comments: